Friday, March 03, 2006

Sometimes Life is Cruel...


Christina Althouse passed away a couple of days ago. I've been struggling with it, trying to make some sense of it. Truth is, there is no sense to be made. Sometimes life is cruel...

Christina was loved by everyone that knew her. She was young, vibrant, and a joy. She leaves behind a three month old baby girl that will only know her mother from the memories we share with her...

I loved Christina. She was family to me. No, we didn't share common blood, but I knew her as a child, and all I can think of now is her sitting in my lap and the sound of her laughter in my ear as I tickled her till she cried.

As a young man, I worried about her. I wanted the best for her and her sisters... and for her mom and dad too. I am sorry for your loss... Gary, Suzanne, Suzi, G.G., and especially Alison will be in my prayers tonight.

I pray that they find solace... my heart breaks for them and for everyone that loved Christina.

She was a special young woman and she will be missed. I pray that the gods welcome her into their open arms and shelter her there on the other side.

Sometimes life is cruel... but still we soldier on.

Godspeed Chrissy. We love you and miss you. We will keep you in our hearts until we meet again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Bobby
What else can I say....Suzanne

10:52 AM  
Blogger Bob Freeman said...

You're more than welcome Suzanne. I meant every word of it, and if you ever need to talk to someone, I'll always have an ear at your disposal... and a shoulder to cry on if need be.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home