Saturday, February 18, 2006

Welcome Aboard

I'd like to officially welcome Brian Keith Ferrand to the Cairnwood Manor Team.

Let's face facts, I hate proof-reading my work and by the very nature of how I write, my manuscripts are often full of typos. I write in a flurry of inspiration, fingers flying over the keyboard, racing to find out what's going to happen next. See, I'm one of those writers. I have a general game plan when I sit down, but I allow the story to flow in an organic fashion. I'm often surprised by what transpires on the page. I like it that way. It keeps the work fresh.

Brian is going to lend his cosiderable talents to being my copy editor, which means that now you can blame him for any typos that creep into the finished manuscripts :)

Brian and I have been friends for more than 25 years. Can that be right? Are we getting to be that old? As youths, Brian and I shared a love for rock-n-roll music, and as young adults we embraced that loved by creating music of our own. Brian is an accomplished guitar player and songwriter and those early years were magical. His was certainly a friendship I cherished, and still do.

Brian has an engineering degree from Northwestern and he did his advance work at Purdue. Yes, he's that smart. Makes a guy sick sometimes :) Now happily married to his lovely and talented wife Andrea and pursuing his career in engineering at SEELE Corp, Brian is an avid dog trainer and is intently exploring his spirituality.

I look forward to having Brian's keen eye perusing my future works as he lends his hand at making my writing the best that it can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home