Tuesday, February 14, 2006

St. Valentine's Day

Where would we be without Love?

It is an emotion wrought with peril.

Pure and untempered, it can chip away at the hardest heart and shatter the kindest soul. It can cause joy and sorrow with but a single stroke. It moves mountains and yet is as delicate as a valley flower. You can get lost in it if you find it. Love can leave you cold, but it can warm your very soul.

I'm one of the lucky ones... in 1998 I met the love of my life. We married in 2000. She bore me a son in 2003. This will be our eighth Valentine's Day together... We never shower each other with gifts, not that they're not deserved, but because for us, it is about being together... about sharing our love for one another.

I hope that you fine folk out in blogland have someone special to share this day with. Ther is no greater feeling than being in love. It is my pleasure to wake up each morning and fall in love all over again. and I hope and pray that the gods grant me many such mornings, for nothing warms the spirit like love and when you've captured it and reined it in and made it your own, then the world has no hold over you. There is naught but you and your special someone, bound by an enigmatic force, unquantifiable and endless.

I love you Kimberly Freeman.

Thank you for sharing your life with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fran Friel said...

Wow, Bob, this is just beautiful. I'm so happy for you and Kimberly (please tell her I'd love to meet her someday, and that she's a lucky gal - which I'm sure she already knows).

I'm a lucky one, too. Met my sweetie in 1998, also and married in 2000 - new millenium marriages. It hasn't always been easy, as it seldom is with your soulmate, but our love continues to deepen and grow, along with our friendship. We still giggle like kids, dance in the frozen food aisle and stay up talking till 2 in the morning.

We're a couple of the lucky ones, Bob. Thanks for sharing your story - made me think about mine, too.

Love to you both,
Fran

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home