Thursday, September 08, 2005

Grindstone

I spent Labor Day with the family at the Indianapolis Zoo. It was the first time I'd been there since 1974... Oddly enough it was very different from what I remembered :)

The stars of the show: the Sea Lions, a Polar Bear, two massive Kodiaks, the underground Dolphin dome, and my son's personal favorite... the Penguins.

It was a great day. It's always a treat to get to spend the day with Kim and the kids. If you add writing time, I spend about 60 hours a week working. The chance to let my hair down (metaphorically) with the family is something I don't get to do as often as I'd like.

I received the galleys last night from Black Death. This is the final step before printing. So with correction sheets in hand I'll tackle the book once more, looking for last minute mistakes.

The back cover copy is great. They tweaked it a bit from what I wrote and the improvements were stellar. I like the interior format and font choice. Very pleasing to my eye. I am so excited. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. This is what I've been working toward for the past few years. Nice to see it finally paying off.

They added a nice interior title piece and used art by Joanne Ellen Mutch which pleases me. She worked her @$$ off illustrating Cairnwood a few years back and it's good that she'll get a nod in the book. She deserves it and more.

Back to the Grindstone. Following the Cairnwood edits, I have to edit Autumn Moon and the Book of Secrets (which I finished a couple of nights ago) and then tear into my Christmas story for Wicked Karnival.

Don't forget to look for Wicked Karnival #5 featuring my contest winning take on Little Red Riding Hood: Seeing Red. Should be released in early October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home