Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sometimes you just can't win...

Well, in my attempt to perform a good deed on behalf of my good friend Doug, it seems I have stirred up the proverbial hornet's nest on the Laurell K. Hamilton Message Board.

For the record, on Friday Doug informed me that his grandmother was ill and did not have long to live. I asked him how Laurell was taking it and he told me that he had tried emailing her but she hadn't responded and Laurell had never given him her number. I offered to try and get word to her through her message board and emailed Jon, Darla, and Bette and posted on the Ask Laurell thread that the mods should have Laurell call home because her granny was ill. End of story? Not quite.

Laurell posted this on her blog site. Oh what a tangled web...

Anyway, all I was shooting for was to get word to someone that I admired as a kid on behalf of one of the best friends a guy could ask for. I sure hope all this comes out in the wash. I certainly meant no ill toward Laurell and was just trying to help out.

A real shame it had to blow up the way it did.

A real shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home