Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday Potpourri

Sunday was an eventful day:

Rising early, I learned that my short story, Unfettered, will be published in the June issue of Wicked Karnival magazine. It's a story I'm quite fond of given the limitations presented by the submission guidelines. I think it will be enjoyed by all, but Cairnwood fans should take note that it does take place within its world and should be considered canon.

After dutifully taking care of correspondence I treked to Wal-Mart and purchased an autumn sunset maple as a gift for Connor to give my Wife and a lilac bush for Connor and I to give my Mother. This was followed by a delicious lunch with my nuclear family...

In the early afternoon I attended the viewing for Laura Gentry and offered condolences to her loved ones. A lot of sad faces, but the funeral home did a wonderful job in presenting the Gentry matriarch and in catering to her family's needs. They should be commended.

Late afternoon found me planting Kim's Mother's Day gift and time well spent playing in the yard with the whole brood. Of particular fun was my time spent with the waterhose!!! Sorry Cassie :)

The evening was spent watching Charmed and Desperate Housewives, then tucking Connor and Kim into bed...then it was off to the Lion's Den where we went over the pages Bret has been coloring for Sangrael...

I should have some Cairnwood Manor news in the next couple of days...Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home