Thursday, November 02, 2006

Writers write.

Writers write. It really is that simple. That being said, I have to admit that I feel myself struggling right now. My head is bursting with ideas, and I have several shorts, novellas, and even a couple of novels in the beginning stages... but I find that time, and quite frankly, time management is failing me.

I long to just lose myself in verse, to unfetter the words, letting them to dance upon the page and lead me to wherever they will. But time...

Work is not the bastion that it once was... increasing responsibilities there are keeping me unfocused. And I'm putting in near 50 hours a week. Now, my wife is working more hours as the holiday season rears its ugly head and my son and I spend our evenings in play.

This blog is not about my failure to tackle my problems, but an affirmation and a recognition. Writers write. Time to find a way through this dark forest and embrace that which I know in my heart is my True Will Manifest.

Writers write, dammit. Bury the excuses in the backyard next to the excess baggage and get on with it Freeman. There is a blank page waiting and stories began that need finishing and new ones begging for release.

Writers write...

I guess it's time to let the fingers fly and the muse to soar.

After all, I am a writer... that's what we do.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ Mari said...

That was a terrific post! Every word was true. ;-)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home