Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Weekend

Friday Night I visited with old friends at Shannon Driver's Costume Party ( I went as an overweight horror novelist). I had a fantastic time. It is always a treat to see Shannon and I had the added bonus of seeing my favorite songbird, Sammy Edmonds and her husband Greg. I caught up with Shannon's ex, Andy, and was thrilled to learn that he's written a book and I get the pleasure of giving it a look over. Definately looking forward to that. Alex, Shannon's first born, struck me as being far too smart and witty for a kid so young... that boy is going to be dangerous. All in all, a wonderful couple of hours that passed far too quickly, but we had big plans for Saturday morning, so...

Saturday found Kim, Connor and I attending the Mississinewa 1812 Re-enactment Festival. Traditional crafts, music, dress... and of course the battle itself. Turns out my favorite vendor, Father Son & Friends, was in a bit of disarray what with the ir patriarch undergoing quadruple bypass... I wish him the best and a speedy recovery. We had some decent food and enjoyed the sights and sounds then stopped on the way and rented a couple of movies...



That evening we watched the remake of the Stepford Wives, which was a pale shadow of the original, but fun nonetheless. The real treat was watching the director's cut of the Butterfly Effect. A great film in my opinion, and the director's cut was even better. Much to recommend about this flick. Capped of a great day nicely.

Sunday finds Kim at work and me and the boy spending the day together. We've already went out and made some extra money by doing some manual labor on behalf of the Eastern Woodland Carvers Club by hauling about 150 cans of paint down from their second floor. Connor had a good time playing on an old, out of tune piano (the same one that hauntingly played for Cassie and I a month ago, if you recall the story from a previous blog entry)...

What now? An afternoon of Disney Channel for the boy and some harried writing for his dad... Wish me luck. :)

Tomorrow will be my first meeting with the Indiana Horror Writer's Association. Now that's something to look forward to.

Till later...

~Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home