Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Okay... I get it.

Alright already. I get it. Someone out there is trying to pass along a message. I get it. Really. But maybe, just maybe, you might need to pull out a big hammer and smack me with it, because I'm not wrapping my head around it yet.

Okay, here's the latest:

Last night, as per my wife's wishes, we went to bed early. Long story short, I don't typically get a lot of sleep. This concerns my better half. So, I've been trying... Anyway, after less than five hours of restless sleep my eyes pop wide. I check the alarm clock. 3:15 am. Damn.

I get up, hit the bathroom, have a glass of milk... Yep. Wide awake. I check my email. It's now 3:45... I think, I should go back to bed, despite not being tired. I have to leave for work at 6:30 and I have the nagging suspicion that by the time that hour rolls around I'll be zombie material. But still, I feel something pulling at me... So, what the hell, I'll smoke a cigarette, then hit the mattress.

I grab a Marlboro and my lighter and step outside the front door and... BAM... there it is. Streaking from North to South, a comet or meteor lights up the sky, arcing over the house and past the horizon.

It was a marvelous sight.

One of those moments where the majesty of the universe unfolds before you...

But what the Hell? All of these Jungian synchronistic occurrences have been raining down on me for months now. Unlike the good doctor, I have a more open mind to the reality of the paranormal and to cosmic entities and esoteric intelligences operating within our existence.

Trouble is, the signs are there, but I'm not grasping the message.

Maybe I should send the universe my email address...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home