Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's Horror Month!!!

Ah, it's here. My favorite time of year. There's a chill in the air. Can you feel it? 'tis the Season of the Witch, when the leaves put on their autumnal dress and magick permeates the night. It's October at last, my friends, and that can only mean one thing...

It's Horror Month!!!

That's right, guys and ghouls. Horror month has decended on us once more and my oh my but this month has a lot in store for yours truly... A quick check of the calendar and what do I see?

For starters, my son Connor has a birthday party scheduled for the 7th and, on Leif Eriksson Day, the 9th, Connor gets to celebrate his actual birthday once more at Chucky Cheese. My darling boy turns three years old. This is the highlight of the month for me... three years old... man, where has the time gone?

Friday the 13th, International Horror Day, will see me playing Santa Claws as I leave gifts throughout Marion for the Horror impaired ;) This will be followed by an appearance at Shine 99 host Shannon Driver's Costume Party.

The 14th will find me and the family taking in the sights and sounds of the annual War of 1812 reenactment along the Mississinewa River. Buffalo burgers, Elk chili, Saspirilla, Bagpipes, Fiddles, and period encampments and costumes... Who could ask for more?

I'll be taking in my first Indiana Horror Writers meeting on the evening of the 16th.

On the evening of the 28th we hope to have a WPIRG Gathering...

And finally, the icing on the proverbial cake:

October 31st... Samhain... All Hallow's Eve... Hallowe'en

Sprinkle in a couple of radio interviews and a book signing or two, add a dash of frightful television programming from Disney, Family, and TCM (not to mention Lost's season premiere on the 4th)... well, I think you get the picture. My cauldron will be overflowing with a devilish stew...

May your Horror Month be as fruitful.

Happy Hauntings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home