Friday, September 22, 2006

Six Years

Six years ago today, Kimberly Kaye Moore and I stood before a Justice of the Peace, in my backyard, and said "I will"...
Betrothed, we became a single entity with a shared purpose: to make each day special and to love one another until the end of time.
Six years.
Time, it seems, presses on at a break-neck pace.
So much has happened in such a small span of time: our marriage, our adventure in Scotland, our trek to Salem, the loss of my wife's mother, the illness of my father, the birth of our son, taking custody of my wife's sister...
Through it all, we have remained steadfast in our love for one another.
She is my most treasured friend, my light when all else is dark.
I love her today so much more than I did
when I spoke those official words that
bound us before God and Man.
I want to take this moment to declare before the world that my love for my dear Kim is stronger than ever... that without her I would be but an empty husk.
She is a fabulous mother, a trusted friend, a loving wife and I am damned lucky to have her in my life.
I love you, my sweet... you are my beloved... a gift from the gods, you are my muse... you are my wife... forever and ever... it is you and I...
For Kim
Softly, a whisper
I feign mystery
Though its course might change
The river always meets the sea
In silent reflection
A love most sincere
When words of love are spoken
They always reach your ear
Joined everlasting
We have become one
And as the years drift slowly by
So much stronger we've become
You cast away the darkness
But allow the rain to fall
Because our true love everlasting
Is the greatest gift of all
It shines across the world
Lifted high 'pon autumn's wing
And from my heart to yours
It begs the world to sing
Showered with the blessing
Of the love you give to me
And in return I give to you
Love for eternity...
Happy Anniversary Kim.
I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ Mari said...

beautiful.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home