Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Strange Occurance

Something odd happened today.

Call it synchronicity.

Call it coincidence.

Call it preternatural.

Call it what you will.

This is a true story.

I have long been a fan of the art of John Waterhouse. The man was brilliant and his paintings quite often move me. The Lady of Shalott is a particular favorite of mine. I have a print of this masterpiece framed and hanging above me workstation in my Den of Iniquity. I also have one framed and hanging in my living room (it was a gift to my wife who also is a huge Waterhouse fan).

At approimately 12:30 pm I was working on a new novel, Within a Circle of Stone, when the framed picture above me suddenly shifted, hanging crooked and knocking my diploma from Miskatonic University off the wall. I then, mere seconds later, heard a crashing noise downstairs. Going down to investigate, I was surprise to find the Shalott print lying half way on the couch. It had fallen off the wall.

An odd occurance, wouldn't you agree? As more develops, I'll be sure to keep you informed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home