Saturday, May 14, 2005

My Boy...

Connor Landon Freeman was born on Leif Eriksson Day 2003. At slightly more than 18 months, he's three feet tall, with dark blonde curly hair and big blue eyes...and a cherub's face, part devil / part angel to be sure. He's talking, dancing, and smacking his belly like a champ. He is my pride and joy, without a doubt.

So why am I bringing this up here?

Last night we had a wave of heavy thunderstorms roll through our tiny little corner of the world. And Connor loved it, just like his Dad. We played outside while nature raged, dancing in rain puddles and oohing and aahing over the lightning and thunder show like it was our own personal fourth of July. I explained to him how the sound of thunder was the sound of Thor striking Giants with his hammer... the little guy then, on the next cacophonous roar from the clouds, threw his hands into the air and yelled "Thor!" Well, it sounded more like 'dor' but I caught the meaning... I laughed and said, "that's my boy"...

Yep, that's my boy.

We had a great time, which ended with us going inside, toweling off and changing into night clothes. He ate a banana, then settled for a bottle and went to sleep in my arms while we watched the Pacers beat the Pistons... a perfect night spent with a perfect boy. Isn't love grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home