Monday, October 18, 2004

Re: Laurell K. Hamilton

OK, I've received quite a few emails on this (didn't realize so many people were peeking in) so I thought I would address this en masse.

Yes, I went to high school with Laurell K. Hamilton, she being the class of 1981 whereas I graduated in '84. I met Laurell for the first time at Red Beard Books during the D&D demonstration I mentioned in the previous post. I was invited to join in on their next gaming adventure and did so.

She was bright, funny, and, I might add, attractive...and she played Dungeons and Dragons and read Robert E. Howard!

She and her cousin Doug were close and I have had the pleasure of calling him one of my best friends for more than 20 years. He is on the Knightshade Studios Board of Directors and is currently pencilling issue #4 of Loose Cannons.

I have followed Laurell's career with interest and think that she is a talented writer. I am very proud of her accomplishments and proud to have known her. In truth, I've had very little contact with her since the early 80's, having loss track of her when she quit work at the Marion Waldenbooks, but I do hope to catch up with her the next time she visits home.

I recommend the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series to anyone with an eye for horror veined action/adventure novels. They are a lot of fun.

And no, I can't give you her email or send her a message. You can leave her a message at her weblog at: http://www.eridine.com/blog/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home