Saturday, August 19, 2006

An interesting quote

"Yeats led me to the Golden Dawn, and from the Golden Dawn to Aleister Crowley- and to a whole metaphysical system based on magick. Which I took terribly, terribly serious. I was trying these experiments, putting things under my pillow in the belief they would influence my dreams in a certain direction. For a couple of years there, Mom was saying. What are these things I keep finding under your pillow... Magick and the idea of magick- that the will works upon the world in some way to change it - is a really interesting, isn't it? Because it is what we are hoping to do with our words."

~Clive Barker

Odd that I came to the Hermetic Arts in much the same way... W.B. Yeats, the "gateway drug" to the occult?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home