Tuesday, November 21, 2006

IHWA

Last night, I made the moderate drive to the big city and joined the Indiana Horror Writers at the 71st Street Starbucks on the edge of Indianapolis. This was the second meeting I'd ventured out for. The first, a month previous, was a "boy's night out" as President Michael West, Secretary Maurice Broaddus, and myself settled down for a night of convention gossip and craft discussion. Last night's meeting was a much different affair.

Enter the ladies of IHWA.

All of the members were in attendance for the November meeting, the group's last of the year. I was welcomed by Tracy Jones, Sara Larson, and Lauren David, as well as Michael and Maurice. The women added a playful nature to the night's proceedings that mixed well with the serious critique of one of Michael's stories and the discussions of past and future cons.

The membership of the IHWA is a solid group, with talented and thoughtful writers. I believe I will be very comfortable with these fine folk. They are honest and care about their craft, but they aren't afraid to let their hair down and that's refreshing.

I can hardly wait for January and the first meeting of 2007.

My thanks to everyone for welcoming me into their group. It is an honor and a pleasure for me to be counted among them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home