Thursday, July 27, 2006

Biting the Bullet

Well, I did it.

I joined the Horror Writer's Association.

The HWA has a long and storied history and, at one time or another, the biggest names in the horror genre have been members. Now, my name too resides among their number.

I know, I know... you've heard me say before that the idea behind HWA was antiquated... that the HWA provides services that, in the internet age, are largely available to anyone anyway.

That being said, I have come to the realization that there is a place for the HWA. If Horror is to thrive and grow, there needs to be people working to maintain it, to help nuture it.

The HWA has that potential and therefore, I feel it is the best chance we have at keeping this genre alive and well, deep into the 21st century and beyond.

Carpe Nocturn,

~BF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home