Friday, April 28, 2006

Rummaging Around

Ah the joys of spring... leaves on the trees, the smell of cut grass, the sounds of children playing outside... and rummage sales.

My wife and I hit our first rummage sale of the season yesterday while I was home between classes (I teach Photoshop to UAW workers on my days off from my "day job"). Man, what a haul. I dropped $5.60 and came away with toys for my son (a dump truck, bulldozer, hard hat, and full-scale talking Buzz Lightyear), a half dozen shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts (again, for the little guy), and for myself? Seven hard cover books. That's right...seven hard cover books. Every one of them in excellent condition.

Cream of the crop was a first edition Inhuman Condition by Clive Barker, but I also added Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, The Third Deadly Sin and The Tenth Commandment by Lawrence Sanders, A Great Deliverence by Elizabeth George, and The Beast by the late (sometimes great) Peter Benchley to my collection.

Again... all for only $5.60.

Is there any wonder as to why I love rummage and garage sales?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home