Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Source

As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of Highlander. All right, let me clarify that. I loved the first film and rank it highly in my list of favorite films of all time. The next two films were awful and unnecessary IMO... but the television series was phenomenal. So I was intrigued by the thought of Highlander: Endgame which was to bridge the series and movie franchise and, as I had already bought into the new continuity that the series presented, was excited to see Connor and Duncan together on screen. Endgame was a disappointment. Muddled and disjointed, it was a disaster. So here we go again...

Now filming in Lithuania is Highlander: the Source, a mid-budget continuation of the Highlander saga starring Adrian Paul, with Peter Wingfield (Methos) and Jim Byrnes (Joe Dawson) along for the ride. So again, my hopes are up and, with luck, the producers, writers and director will finally do something that only the series has done rightly thus far: create a fitting companion to Highlander, one of the greatest sword-wielding epics of all time.

Read Adrian Paul's Set Diary Blog HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home