Saturday, October 29, 2005

Roann Coffee Houses' Night of Fright

It was a special night for me. As the guest of honor for the Roann Public Library's Night of Fright, I was asked to come in and read from my novel Shadows over Somerset and I was thrilled to find a captivated audience of about a dozen souls eager for the tale. I read from chapter 6 wherein my protagonist Michael Somers joins in the hunt for a lost boy, only to discover he has been killed by a creature Michael had previously thought to be the product of myth, legend, and superstition... for little Joey Tremble had been killed by a vampire, reawakened after being trapped for centuries in an underground tomb. The audience thrilled to the suspense and laughed aloud during some of the more light hearted scenes. I was more than pleased by their reactions.

The evening wound down with refreshments and a question and answer session that covered everything from how to get your first novel published to investigative techniques in tracking down real life ghosts. This was a lot of fun and I enjoyed sharing some of my more than unusual dealings with the preternatural.

I'd like to thank the library's hostess, Joy Harber, for going above and beyond the call of duty in setting this night up. An author in her own right, I was happy to pick up a copy of her first novel and her most recent collection of poetry. I hope she thinks of me again next year when All Hallow's Eve once more rears its ghastly head.

It was a night I'll never forget.

View pictures HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home