Saturday, May 21, 2005

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith



The circle is now complete.

Alright, I was there for Episode III at 12:04 am, Thursday morning. In spite of having to teach a Photoshop class at 8 am, I braved the theatre and braced myself for the completion of the saga that had influenced me more than any other piece of pop culture. It was to be the end of an era. Of course I had already been jaded by what I considered inferior installments ever since the Ewok-driven Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. My anticipation for each itteration however refused to be deminished. I will not discuss what I did not like about Lucas' latest effort, instead I will try to remain positive and state the one thing that I felt did work~ Ewan MacGregor was fantastic as the Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi. He has tremendous acting chops and the physicality he brought to the light sabre scenes was thrilling and magnificent.

I'm glad I saw the film. I look forward to seeing it again. But...it failed overall, just as each film since the Empire Strikes Back has failed. But that's alright. It was still one hell of a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home