Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wow, a writing update...on a writer's blog...what a novel idea!

That's right kids, here it is: an honest-to-goodness writer's update. I assume that's why most of you stop by, especially since I rarely slip into diatribes on subjects of mutual interest. Time constraints and all remain quite bothersome, hence the periodic news item of interest...time allows what time allows, so to speak. Hopefully they illuminate, educate, and push ones edification beyond the limits that mundane society will allow. Or at the very least force you to implement a smile in place of the scowl one normaly is beleguerd with when pouring over the daily birdcage fodder.

Did someone mention an update? Right-o, ol' chum... 'ere we go.

I will have three entries in the upcoming Encyclopedia of Haunted Places, published through the good folks at GhostVillage. I cover the James Dean gravesite in Fairmount, Seven Pillars near Peru, and the Mississinewa Battlefield just outside of Marion. Those are all in Indiana for the non-Hoosier crowd. I finished the writing on all three pieces yesterday ( a grand total of 1500 words) and look to head out with brother-in-law Nick Moore later this week to snap some digital photographs to be included. Will update you further as the book nears publication.

I am still sitting in the middle of chapter three of my young adult novella Autumn Moon and the Book of Shadows, which is being illustrated by my brother Bret Freeman. Time constraints are killing me and I long for a time in the near future when I can lose myself in my work instead of being forced to write in snigglets.

On the comic front, Doug Gentry is working on the fourth and final chapter of the first Loose Cannons mini-series. Bryan Vreeland and Chris Kupcho are hard at work on the second mini-series (though I suspect we may try it out as a graphic novel instead). The Amulet, a story by William Meikle, has hit a snag financially, and I think I may try to get the author's permission for us to shop it around to larger publishers so that we might get some scratch behind it.

All that, plus the impending release of Cairnwood Manor in four months...Life is good, though Time be not kind.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home