Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Cairnwood Manor Update

Sent in the most recent edits for Cairnwood Manor: Shadows over Somerset today. Black Death Books has been very helpful in getting this book pulled together. I really feel like I could tweek it for another decade, but at some point you just have to say "it's ready" and let the public decide if it has merit or not. Still, I am very nervous. This is my first foray into this branch of publishing and it's a fickle business. But I know I've crafted a good story and populated it with a cast of diverse and interesting characters. And if the feedback I've been getting from test-readers is any indication, then I really have nothing to worry about.

Cairnwood Manor speaks for itself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

Start shipping the books out to authors you know or admire to get those cover blurbs before the novel goes into production. It was a Lebbon blurb that realy helped Species sell for me at Shocklines: seven consecutive weeks on the advance order bestsellers list, peaking at #1. It was #1 in In-Stock Bestsellers list the week it shipped. I had absolutely nothing in print before that, but it sold well thanks to Tim's words. I can't emphasize enough how important those blurbs are for that first novel! Not so much for the subsequent releases so much (I think).

I apologize if you're already way ahead of me, but if not, and you need a hand, let me know at michael(at)mcbridehorror.com!

Best,

Mike McBride

9:45 PM  
Blogger Bob Freeman said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mike. That's great advice. I had not even considered the need for a cover blurb. Guess that's why I'm new to this game, huh?

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home